The role of the Video Services Technician (VST) is to develop, maintain, service, and deploy a variety of satellite television services for MDU and business locations. Both DirecTV and Dish Network satellite television service and their accompanying distribution systems are managed and supported by VSTs. The ideal VST will have a strong technical and troubleshooting background with a desire to work independently to resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to build and design infrastructure for installation and deployments to specification
- Installation of video equipment; and some network equipment including customer premise equipment such as satellite receivers, wireless routers, optical network terminals.
- Perform repairs as necessary through troubleshooting and identifying root cause failure.
- Terminate ethernet and coaxial cabling to connect customer services.
- Always interact with our teams in a professional manner and provide more than an ordinary experience to exceed expectations.
- Update work orders in real-time.
- Adhere to Field Services standards and company policies.
- Expertise in the use of meters/testing equipment, hand tools, and online based systems.
- Maintain company vehicle organization, cleanliness, and stock of materials to ensure adequate level for customer appointments.
- Scan/log equipment for asset tracking.
- Perform site surveys.
- Report to the Service Experience Manager on any and all issues experienced in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A high school diploma or related equivalent.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license as well as satisfactory driving record.
- Experience with Dish Network and DirecTV is preferred.
- Upbeat and positive attitude with the ability to participate as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, which must be in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule, including Saturdays, as well as perform on-call when necessary.
- Pass and maintain technical certifications, participate in on-going training or programs, and adhere to safety policies.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, smartphones and tablets is preferred.
- Ability to learn new technologies and principles, and then apply them in the field.
- Lift 50 lbs. or more and climb ladders up to 40 ft. in length.
- Work at high elevations such as building rooftops.
- Out-of-market travel may be required.
- Must clear the hiring process for criminal background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- MDU, Commercial and/or L&I experience
- Dish Network installations and service
- Dish Network Smart Box / DirecTV Com2000 / Com 3000
- Televes Equipment
- DirecTV installation and service
- Knowledge of RF signal distribution
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)
Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for group medical and group dental coverage after completing thirty days of employment. SkyWire pays half of employee cost on group medical coverage, in accordance with the terms of the company’s insurance plans and policies.
Paid Time Off: Full time employees will accrue up to two weeks of PTO per year. Please refer to the SkyWire Employee Handbook for additional details regarding time off and office closures.
Retirement Plan: Full time employees become eligible to participate in the company’s retirement plan 90 days after your date of hire. SkyWire matches 50% of your contribution up to 2% of your pay.
Paid Holidays: SkyWire observes 7 paid Holidays including: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years Day.