Your mission is to drive our overall strategy for the deployment, day-to-day technical management and operations of network and other core network applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IP network architecture, and also have successes in building and leading engineering and Network Ops teams.
Key Responsibilities include; defining the overall architecture & external interfaces for overall core network strategy, network traffic manager product, and the messaging product; Participate in creating application architecture document to provide deliverables in line with architectural requirements; provide oversight and direction for the radio frequency network design, equipment acquisition, installation and implementation of network deployment plans & develop operational policies and processes that allow the internal team to provide best-in-class network services; Create detailed system level functional requirements and specifications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years Wireless Engineering and Network Operations experience; especially in wireless infrastructure or large scale corporate, enterprise or service provider networks.
- 3+ years leadership/management roles with leading technical teams with emphasis in network engineering and operations.
- Strong understanding of IP networking and configurations and TCP/IP networking (basic routing, analyzing network captures, etc.)
- The ability to thrive in a start-up environment with significant ambiguity and challenging problems inherent in building new products and services including ownership of policy development.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols including IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, iBGP, MPLS, VPLS, and VPNs.
- Knowledge of physical layer connection termination (Copper Category, Fiber)
- Knowledge of and experience with MikroTik and Juniper routing platforms.
- Knowledge of basic programming and scripting with Bash shell scripts and Python, as well as Windows UI automation; Experience with LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/Php) is very desirable.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for designing and planning network communication systems.
- Experience in developing and maintaining dashboards and producing reports for executive leadership; Proficiency with troubleshooting workflows.
- Strong knowledge on testing process, test strategy and test plans.
- BS Degree in EE or CS.
Preferred Industry Background
- Wireless Communications & Telecommunications
- Broadband Networks
- Information Technology & Services
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for group medical and group dental coverage after completing thirty days of employment. SkyWire pays half of employee cost on group medical coverage, in accordance with the terms of the company’s insurance plans and policies.
Paid Time Off: Full time employees will accrue up to two weeks of PTO per year at a rate of .0385 hours of PTO per hour worked. Please refer to the SkyWire Employee Handbook for additional details regarding time off and office closures.
Retirement Plan: Full time employees become eligible to participate in the company’s retirement plan 90 days after your date of hire. SkyWire matches 50% of your contribution up to 2% of your pay.
Paid Holidays: SkyWire observes 7 paid Holidays including: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years Day.