Your mission is to drive our overall strategy for the deployment, day-to-day technical management and operations of network and other core network applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IP network architecture, and also have successes in building and leading engineering and Network Ops teams.
Key Responsibilities include; defining the overall architecture & external interfaces for overall core network strategy, network traffic manager product, and the messaging product; Participate in creating application architecture document to provide deliverables in line with architectural requirements; provide oversight and direction for the radio frequency network design, equipment acquisition, installation and implementation of network deployment plans & develop operational policies and processes that allow the internal team to provide best-in-class network services; Create detailed system level functional requirements and specifications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years Wireless Engineering and Network Operations experience; especially in wireless infrastructure or large scale corporate, enterprise or service provider networks.
- 3+ years leadership/management roles with leading technical teams with emphasis in network engineering and operations.
- Strong understanding of IP networking and configurations and TCP/IP networking (basic routing, analyzing network captures, etc.)
- The ability to thrive in a start-up environment with significant ambiguity and challenging problems inherent in building new products and services including ownership of policy development.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols including IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, iBGP, MPLS, VPLS, and VPNs.
- Knowledge of physical layer connection termination (Copper Category, Fiber)
- Knowledge of and experience with MikroTik and Juniper routing platforms.
- Knowledge of basic programming and scripting with Bash shell scripts and Python, as well as Windows UI automation; Experience with LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/Php) is very desirable.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for designing and planning network communication systems.
- Experience in developing and maintaining dashboards and producing reports for executive leadership; Proficiency with troubleshooting workflows.
- Strong knowledge on testing process, test strategy and test plans.
- BS Degree in EE or CS.
Preferred Industry Background
- Wireless Communications & Telecommunications
- Broadband Networks
- Information Technology & Services
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Retirement Savings Plan – VA SkyWire provides full-time employees with retirement benefits. Full-time employees become eligible for the Company’s 401(k) Plan 90 days after their hire date. The employee will receive an email providing a link to sign up for the plan. VA SkyWire matches 50% of the employee’s contribution up to 4% of your salary.
Insurance Plans – Full-time employees become eligible for Group medical coverage on the 1st day of the month following thirty days of employment. VA SkyWire pays half of the employee-only cost of group medical coverage, in accordance with the terms of the company’s insurance plans and policies which are subject to change.
Wellness Plan – The Wellness Plan is a Preventative care management Program that offers a wide array of virtual and online resources for employees. As a tax-qualified plan, participants reduce their payroll taxes to use toward qualified benefit plans. Plan participants will see three new payroll entries on their paychecks. VA Skywire automatically enrolls you in this plan, but employees can opt-out.
Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance – VA Skywire provides all qualifying employees a group policy with a benefit equal to 1 times the employee’s annual earnings up to $180,000. This policy also includes an additional Accidental Death or Dismemberment benefit that will match the payout amount up to the volume of life insurance for accidental death. (See plan documents for additional information)
Long-term disability insurance – VA Skywire provides a Long-term disability plan that will pay 60% of an employee’s monthly pay up to $6,000 a month. (See plan documents for additional information)
Paid Time Off: Full-time employees will accrue up to two weeks of PTO per year. Please refer to the SkyWire Employee Handbook for additional details regarding time off and office closures.
Paid Holidays: Full-time employees are eligible for paid holidays after completing thirty days of employment. SkyWire observes 7 paid Holidays including; Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year’s Day.