SkyWire Network Services (NS) deliver Internet solutions to customers across the Mid-Atlantic region. The NS organization encompasses lots of talented and dedicated employees who serve in roles devoted to a flawless customer experience while delivering the industry’s best products and services for SkyWire’s Internet, TV, and other services for apartment complexes, planned communities and other Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
The Network Field Operations Supervisor/Manager provides leadership and manages the overall direction for the Network Field Service Technician team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. We are looking for a leader with strong problem solving abilities, interpersonal skills, and a customer service focus.
As a Network Field Operations Supervisor/Manager you will be responsible for directing, coaching, and developing technicians to create a high performing team that delivers the best customer service possible. This highly rewarding position offers a very competitive starting salary plus the opportunity to earn bonuses based on the performance of your team. We provide paid training, and opportunity for advancement.
This position is eligible for a signing bonus.
- Supporting new employees through training and future development
- Demonstrating and coaching behaviors that ensure quality customer service
- Training existing Installers/Technicians on changing processes, procedures and technologies.
- Conducting on-site inspections to evaluate and coach team members regarding quality service and adherence to safety standards
- Monitoring and coaching to improve team and individual performance
- Managing fleet-related processes including vehicle maintenance and upkeep
- Addressing escalated customer and/or employee issues
- Working with other departmental managers to coordinate projects
- Provide regular training to direct reports on deployment standards and best practices
- Provide Quality Control evaluation of ISP team members deployments
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Create weekly schedule for ISP team members
- Oversee ISP team member scheduling for project deployments
- Coordinate ISP team member allocation for network break/fix items and act as an escalation point when necessary
- Perform post-deployment reviews with ISP team to optimize processes and identify areas for improvement
- Additional duties as necessary
- Terminate cabling (Cat6 STP, Cat6 UTP, Fiber)
- Install and align PtP/PtMP millimeter radio links
- Install and test network equipment including switches, APs, and routers
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity issues on network equipment
- Maintain and update network equipment firmware
- Test recovered equipment for proper operation and RMA/Restock/Recycle
- Oversee configuration of basic property level network equipment including switches, APs, routers, and PtP/PtMP radios
- Assist in troubleshooting of advanced connectivity issues on network equipment
- Assist other network technicians with troubleshooting
- Generate documentation for lower level technicians
- Assist with configuration of core site level network equipment and advanced property level network equipment
As a Network Field Operations Supervisor/Manager you must be able to lead and motivate a diverse team to achieve common goals. We are looking for a supervisor/manager with excellent communication skills, energetic leadership style, strong problem solving abilities, and effective conflict resolution skills.
- High School diploma or higher
- A strong competency in leading, developing, mentoring, and coaching
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand processes, procedures and responsibilities performed by direct reports
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends when necessary
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, working in small spaces and/or various heights, work in all climates and safely operate a motor vehicle