The role of Managed Services Technician is to install, maintain, and support computer hardware, software and network equipment for commercial clients. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix one-off issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Our goal is to maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
- Set up hardware and install, configure, and maintain software
- Diagnose and repair common network issues, provision network equipment for deployment
- Install and configure turn-key networks
- Design and implement systems with the best practices in network and computer security
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
- Troubleshoot issues, provide and implement solutions to restore functionality
- Schedule and perform regular maintenance
- Record daily hours and miles for reimbursement using the proper channels
- Utilize the ticketing system for all pertinent job information, job time tracking, scheduling, and invoicing
- Diagnose common VOIP issues, provision and deploy VOIP equipment
- Proven experience as computer technician or similar role
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Very good communication abilities
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills
- Ability to lift 51 pounds
- Ability to work in small places or on a ladder
- BS/BA in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field preferred
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+) are a plus
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check and be eligible for HUD Clearance
Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for group medical and group dental coverage after completing thirty days of employment. SkyWire pays half of employee cost on group medical coverage, in accordance with the terms of the company’s insurance plans and policies.
Paid Time Off: Full time employees will accrue up to two weeks of PTO per year at a rate of .0385 hours of PTO per hour worked. Please refer to the SkyWire Employee Handbook for additional details regarding time off and office closures.
Retirement Plan: Full time employees become eligible to participate in the company’s retirement plan 90 days after your date of hire. SkyWire matches 50% of your contribution up to 2% of your pay.
Paid Holidays: SkyWire observes 7 paid Holidays including: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years Day.