SkyWire’s Construction & Fulfillment (C&F) teams create the Internet and Video infrastructure for customers across the Mid-Atlantic region. The C&F team encompasses lots of talented and dedicated employees who serve in roles devoted to ensuring a flawless customer experience while delivering the industry’s best products and services for SkyWire’s Internet, TV, and other services for apartment complexes, planned communities and other Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
Construction Team Leader’s manage their team of workers as well as the overall deployment of SkyWire’s infrastructure and services to ensure the best possible customer experience. We are looking for a leader with strong project management skills, problem solving abilities, interpersonal skills, and a deployment and coordination focus.
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for directing a team of C&F resources, communicating with project stakeholders, coordinating resource and inventory needs across various SkyWire departments, and ensuring SkyWire’s high standards of Quality Control are maintained. This highly rewarding position offers a very competitive starting salary, paid training, and opportunities for advancement.
- Overseeing a team of technicians to implement large scale deployments of low-voltage, internet and video infrastructure
- Supporting new members of your team through on-boarding, mentoring, and coaching to ensure individual accountability
- Coordinating and Communicating with internal and external project stakeholders
- Providing Quality Control checks and validation of your teams’ work product to ensure that the SkyWire standard of quality is met
- Providing training to existing technicians on changing processes, procedures and technologies
- Ensuring that your team members adhere to all applicable safety standards
- Working with other departmental managers to coordinate projects
- Provide regular training to direct reports on deployment standards and best practices
- Perform post-project reviews with the C&F team to optimize processes and identify areas for improvement
- Installing, terminating, and connecting low-voltage wiring in both Greenfield and Brownfield construction environments
- Using a variety of wiring tools to troubleshoot and optimize signal strength, identify configuration and implementation issues, and work to resolve those issues
- Deploying and aligning microwave radio and satellite hardware
As a Construction Team Lead, you must be able to lead and motivate a diverse team to achieve common goals. We are looking for a mature leader with excellent communication skills, energetic leadership style, strong problem solving abilities, and effective conflict resolution skills.
- High School diploma or higher
- Clean driving record is required
- A strong competency in leading, developing, mentoring, and coaching
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to understand processes, procedures and responsibilities performed by team members
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, working in small spaces and/or various heights, work in all climates and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Reliable transportation
- Electrical Experience
- Satellite Technicians – DIRECTV or Dishnet
- EMT Conduit Installation Experience
- Experience with Material Take-offs
- Blue Beam Software