SkyWire’s Construction & Fulfillment (C&F) teams create the Internet and Video infrastructure for customers across the Mid-Atlantic region. The C&F team encompasses lots of talented and dedicated employees who serve in roles devoted to ensuring a flawless customer experience while delivering the industry’s best products and services for SkyWire’s Internet, TV, and other services for apartment complexes, planned communities and other Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
Construction Team Leader’s manage their team of workers as well as the overall deployment of SkyWire’s infrastructure and services to ensure the best possible customer experience. We are looking for a leader with strong project management skills, problem solving abilities, interpersonal skills, and a deployment and coordination focus.
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for directing a team of C&F resources, communicating with project stakeholders, coordinating resource and inventory needs across various SkyWire departments, and ensuring SkyWire’s high standards of Quality Control are maintained. This highly rewarding position offers a very competitive starting salary, paid training, and opportunities for advancement.
- Overseeing a team of technicians to implement large scale deployments of low-voltage, internet and video infrastructure
- Supporting new members of your team through on-boarding, mentoring, and coaching to ensure individual accountability
- Coordinating and Communicating with internal and external project stakeholders
- Providing Quality Control checks and validation of your teams’ work product to ensure that the SkyWire standard of quality is met
- Providing training to existing technicians on changing processes, procedures and technologies
- Ensuring that your team members adhere to all applicable safety standards
- Working with other departmental managers to coordinate projects
- Provide regular training to direct reports on deployment standards and best practices
- Perform post-project reviews with the C&F team to optimize processes and identify areas for improvement
- Installing, terminating, and connecting low-voltage wiring in both Greenfield and Brownfield construction environments
- Using a variety of wiring tools to troubleshoot and optimize signal strength, identify configuration and implementation issues, and work to resolve those issues
- Deploying and aligning microwave radio and satellite hardware
As a Construction Team Lead, you must be able to lead and motivate a diverse team to achieve common goals. We are looking for a mature leader with excellent communication skills, energetic leadership style, strong problem solving abilities, and effective conflict resolution skills.
- High School diploma or higher
- Clean driving record is required
- A strong competency in leading, developing, mentoring, and coaching
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to understand processes, procedures and responsibilities performed by team members
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, working in small spaces and/or various heights, work in all climates and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Reliable transportation
- Electrical Experience
- Satellite Technicians – DIRECTV or Dishnet
- EMT Conduit Installation Experience
- Experience with Material Take-offs
- Blue Beam Software
Retirement Savings Plan – VA SkyWire provides full-time employees with retirement benefits. Full-time employees become eligible for the Company’s 401(k) Plan 90 days after their hire date. The employee will receive an email providing a link to sign up for the plan. VA SkyWire matches 50% of the employee’s contribution up to 4% of your salary.
Insurance Plans – Full-time employees become eligible for Group medical coverage on the 1st day of the month following thirty days of employment. VA SkyWire pays half of the employee-only cost of group medical coverage, in accordance with the terms of the company’s insurance plans and policies which are subject to change.
Wellness Plan – The Wellness Plan is a Preventative care management Program that offers a wide array of virtual and online resources for employees. As a tax-qualified plan, participants reduce their payroll taxes to use toward qualified benefit plans. Plan participants will see three new payroll entries on their paychecks. VA Skywire automatically enrolls you in this plan, but employees can opt-out.
Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance – VA Skywire provides all qualifying employees a group policy with a benefit equal to 1 times the employee’s annual earnings up to $180,000. This policy also includes an additional Accidental Death or Dismemberment benefit that will match the payout amount up to the volume of life insurance for accidental death. (See plan documents for additional information)
Long-term disability insurance – VA Skywire provides a Long-term disability plan that will pay 60% of an employee’s monthly pay up to $6,000 a month. (See plan documents for additional information)
Paid Time Off: Full-time employees will accrue up to two weeks of PTO per year. Please refer to the SkyWire Employee Handbook for additional details regarding time off and office closures.
Paid Holidays: Full-time employees are eligible for paid holidays after completing thirty days of employment. SkyWire observes 7 paid Holidays including; Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year’s Day.