Join the team at VA SkyWire where you’ll support the backbone that connects the Richmond Metropolitan area to all of its information and entertainment needs. We are a leading provider of high speed Internet, DIRECTV, Dish Network, and VOIP services for Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU) throughout Virginia. We are growing our support and installation teams to keep up with our rapidly expanding service area. Working at VA SkyWire, you’ll enjoy the pride of knowing that your work helps to keep families all over Virginia connected with each other and their entertainment.
VA SkyWire offers health insurance plans, 401K benefits, paid holidays and paid vacation to full time employees (32-40 hours), and opportunities for advancement within the organization.
Your job duties will include:
- Working within a team to answer and resolve inbound customer calls and emails.
- Assisting residents and business owners with activations and upgrades to their internet and video services.
- Troubleshooting internet and video issues when tenants call in.
- Performing first contact troubleshooting when customers call in.
- Scheduling onsite visits with field support technicians for problems that can not be resolved over the phone.
- Participation in company parties, team building events, and general fun stuff.
- Communication with the rest of the VA SkyWire team to relay information about developing issues that may impact our customer base.
- Learning new skills and techniques to improve your abilities and those of the SkyWire team.
- Additional tasks and skills as our company grows.
Qualified candidates will have:
- An outgoing personality that enjoys helping others.
- High Energy and a positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to multitask between multiple applications to address customer needs and identify solutions.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use Windows & Apple operating systems, a contact center ticketing system, and team chat software.
- A general understanding of computer networking and related hardware.
- An understanding of DIRECTV and or Dish Network and other video streaming services.
- Previous Help Desk experience is a plus.
- Legal work status in the United States
- Reliable transportation
- Pass drug screening
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- Dependability and Reliability
Retirement Savings Plan – VA SkyWire provides full-time employees with retirement benefits. Full-time employees become eligible for the Company’s 401(k) Plan 90 days after their hire date. The employee will receive an email providing a link to sign up for the plan. VA SkyWire matches 50% of the employee’s contribution up to 4% of your salary.
Insurance Plans – Full-time employees become eligible for Group medical coverage on the 1st day of the month following thirty days of employment. VA SkyWire pays half of the employee-only cost of group medical coverage, in accordance with the terms of the company’s insurance plans and policies which are subject to change.
Wellness Plan – The Wellness Plan is a Preventative care management Program that offers a wide array of virtual and online resources for employees. As a tax-qualified plan, participants reduce their payroll taxes to use toward qualified benefit plans. Plan participants will see three new payroll entries on their paychecks. VA Skywire automatically enrolls you in this plan, but employees can opt-out.
Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance – VA Skywire provides all qualifying employees a group policy with a benefit equal to 1 times the employee’s annual earnings up to $180,000. This policy also includes an additional Accidental Death or Dismemberment benefit that will match the payout amount up to the volume of life insurance for accidental death. (See plan documents for additional information)
Long-term disability insurance – VA Skywire provides a Long-term disability plan that will pay 60% of an employee’s monthly pay up to $6,000 a month. (See plan documents for additional information)
Paid Time Off: Full-time employees will accrue up to two weeks of PTO per year. Please refer to the SkyWire Employee Handbook for additional details regarding time off and office closures.
Paid Holidays: Full-time employees are eligible for paid holidays after completing thirty days of employment. SkyWire observes 7 paid Holidays including; Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year’s Day.